Email Marketing Specialist
The Girly Book Club is looking for an Email Marketing Specialist that will be responsible for creating, building, testing and sending all email marketing campaigns. He/she will work with our team to send out two monthly email campaigns. The ideal candidate not only has the technical know-how – email development and setting up marketing automation campaigns within our email service provider – he/she has strong skills in online sales with a proven track record.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable and self-motivated. You’ll be able to manage tight deadlines and fast turnaround times.
- You’re both a team player and independent. You’ll work from your own workspace and be required to meet occasionally with the greater team.
- Attention to detail! Important that you’re on top of all communications to different markets.
- You are an analytical thinker. You like to interpret numbers and data into actionable insights and apply the learnings.
- Above all, you like what we’re doing and want to be involved.
- Be the operational and tactical owner of all email campaigns for The GBC. This includes: planning, list selection, segmentation, customer profiling, targeting, email build and deployment, post-campaign analysis and performance reporting.
- Work with the our larger team to plan out all email campaigns and create a monthly plan ahead of time.
- Plan A and B segments to see which works more effectively, replan, review, resend.
- Manage and evolve the sophistication of the data and targeting strategy to ensure campaigns are as personalized and relevant to its audience as possible.
Required qualifications and experience:
- 4-5 years’ experience in email marketing
- Experience in using a sophisticated email service provider and building multiple, complex customer journeys.
- Ability to code responsive email campaigns.
- A strategic and analytical thinker that can interpret numbers and data into actionable insights and learnings.
- Strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and a willingness to learn.
- Mail Chimp knowledge is welcomed!
- Love of reading is also a bonus.